Wednesday, February 11, 2009

OutREACH

I can see this post being one of many to come. I think I've found a new "itch" that God has placed on me. Recently I've been deeply moved by the movie Hotel Rwanda. Mark and I have been contemplating ways that we can help make a difference in improving the lives of those that have and do suffer so gravely due to the genocide and awful awful acts of invasions of human rights. I know for sure that I'm not the first that has entered into "I want to help make a difference" realization.

So here I am writing for suggestions.

So far this is what I've come across: Compassions, adoption, monetary donations, and missionary works, heifer.org.

What are your suggestions? What kind of outreach do you do locally and abroad? Post a comment, send me an email-I'd love to hear from you.


UPDATE: This afternoon I was inspired again-blogging has been an outlet for me (and many others I'm sure). I decided I need to use this blog as a way to share my wisdom with others. For example: I came across an article in a magazine today that highlighted "mother's intuition". The article was about one mom's intuition that her daughter was not bipolar despite what the professionals told her-she had Sensory Processing Disorder!!! So here are a few future blog posts that will be coming up: SPD, Outreach, Sign Language, Homeschooling, Childbirth, Connecting with Christ. Consider these my forte!

1 comment:

Just His Best said...

love the new blog and cannot wait to see where the Lord is leading you. No,I'm not intentionally ignoring your calls. We'll have to catch up and SOON!!

I'm familiar with Compassion and the Heifer Project. Another great one is Water for Life (digging wells for third world areas to have clean water). Are we blessed in the US or what??
http://www.lifetoday.org/site/PageServer