On several different occasions this week I've found myself in that"drawing the line in the sand" moments. Unfortunately my ASL I class and Hayden (and a few others) have been witnesses to my foot stompin' tantrums. But in all honesty I believe I've been fair.
It is very much my personality to deal with issues and deal and deal until my buttons have been POPPED! Like the shirts that are in my closet (that Mark shrinks) that are too tight and the buttons close with a little resistance to only find out that they mysteriously unbuttoned later in the day unknown to you until you get undressed. Gasp!
So after several sessions of my subjects COMPLAINING and complaining and COMPLAINING- I told them to get a grip on life in one way or another. I took the time at various moments to assess the situations, gather my thoughts, tried to troubleshoot, give suggestions for improvement, etc. However I was met with attitudes, with more complaining, with excuses, and worst of all-a general lack of taking responsibility- which was definitely key in the problems we all were facing. Even myself! Did I mention to you it is my personality to DEAL. Some may consider this to be reactive instead of proactive-but I do give warnings and hints at my ability to pop at any given time. Isn't that human? I consider myself to be a fair person, a fair person that may be a bit too lacks on being forthcoming. I do NOT like controversy, I do NOT like conflict-I believe getting along and peace are so key to my existence that without calm I am off kilter(stressed out, unable to let go of it until I am able to do some stompin!). I may not be good at apologizing but I do it. I ask for forgiveness and in my opinion expect that all involved to have learned from these outbursts and best yet use it for future reference at the next button popping event!
Can't we all just get along?
2 comments:
Hey girly!! Remember me? Kelli Graham has inspired me to blog... and I saw you on there too and had to come by and say hi! Still doing the sign?? That's great! I've got another baby coming and I can't wait to sign again with my new baby!! I still use it with my mikey..
I understand ya as I read what you wrote in unbuttoned...I agree...can't we all just get along?! lol...not always the case though huh?
Talk to you soon!
In life it's always good to let off some steam...makes you feel better and you move on..not very good idea to keep things hiding inside...remember there is always a better light at the end of the tunnel...relax, things do have a way of getting better...
Love Me
Post a Comment