Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Disconnected

For awhile now I have been putting this post off. But after reading this quote from Messy Canvas-I Forgot Again blog post I decided it was about time. Time and time again, this person that I really do not know inspires me and comforts me beyond measure. So where I would usually insert a picture, I've place a quote, a quote I hope to tattoo to my forehead!
 Anne Morrow Lindbergh said in Gift From the Sea:
“We have so little faith in the ebb and flow of life, of love, of relationships. We leap at the flow of the tide and resist in terror its ebb. We are afraid it will never return. We insist on permanency, on duration, on continuity. The only real security is not in owning or possessing [not in figuring out once and for all] not in demanding or expecting, not in hoping even…but in living in the present and accepting it as it is now. Perhaps this is the most important thing: simply that each cycle of the wave is valid; each cycle of the tide is valid. “ 

Yesterday offered some finality for me. My office was dismantled, all the equipment was packed up, my business account disconnected and all my files and books were boxed up. For a few months now, I've been pretty much expecting that I would not return to my job in September with all the cutbacks in education- my program was along the many to be closed. For four years now I have been blessed with "one more year" considering my job was originally only to be for one. While I do wrestle with the uncertainty of what lies ahead, I am comforted in knowing that another plan will take shape. And with all honesty I am embracing this change.
So we'll see what comes of all of this-waves and all.



2 comments:

Just His Best said...

oooh, I am excited for what is ahead!!!

Ciao Bella! said...

One of my most favorite books. Gifts from the Sea is a wonderful story, especially if you like the ocean and beach as much as we do! Thanks for reminding me I should reread it, especially with all that has been going on in my life recently! You can borrow if you'd like! Cheers to tides of change for both of us!