Friday, January 8, 2010

Ragamuffin Style




Loswhit over at Ragamuffin Soul had a great thought provoking post today. I can't help but find so many cross references to this article. I swear the more I think about it the more I find. Los asked "what does Ragamuffin Soul mean to you?" and then proceeds to see through me and encourages all the blog stalkers to post a comment.

When I was younger I was given the name Ragamuffin from Maria the hairdresser! The kids now go to her as well and ironically we were just there. Simon, aka Logan, desperately needed to get his haircut.
Funny thing about that is my whole family more so today seem to be ragamuffins. We stayed in our pajamas most of the day until it was time for baths and showers and some fresh pjs. We were productive today and we were able to cram a lot of family time in together, we all shoveled the snow AGAIN, went sleigh riding, had a great dinner together (thanks Mark), and jammed out to Rock Band.
 We all did our fair share of messing up and behaving like a ragamuffin. While we have not perfected the art of forgiveness or exceled at apologies, I am cherishing these moments something fierce. And I'm finally beginning to be on the downside of the uphill race. I'm getting it. Each day I get it more. And I am so grateful of the payoff.

~God is good.

1 comment:

Myfeetinsand said...

That's a great picture. Give my little pretend Alvin a hug and kiss for me please!!